Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Summertime and the Living is Easy

Today is the offical start to our summer vacation and for the first time since I was a child I have decided to take the summer off. I've not worked outside the home for the past 6 summers, but I've never taken the summer off. There will be no project list for me. The only thing on my to do list is to enjoy every moment of this summer with my girls. Instead of chores there will be trips to the pool, movies, libary, park, ice cream parlor and storytime. Instead of guilt there will be bike rides, snow cones, spoon races, reading, snuggling, badmitton, board games, walks, sparklers, catching fire flies and family time.

I am making a choice to enjoy every moment and to fill this summer with memories for all of us. Next fall will bring many changes to our family. Maddie will begin High School and Emma will start 1st grade and will be in school for a full day for the first time. There will be plenty of hours to fill then with all of the projects that I have swirling in my head. Plenty of time for deep cleaning the house and getting things organized. For now I am going to stick to the basics with maybe the occasional spur of the moment project thrown in. I am giving myself permission to just live in the moment. Without guilt.

Post a Comment

0 Comments