Folks who send Jessie footwear stories, will have their name put in a bucket, or hat, or perhaps a boot and a name will be drawn to receive a free pair of shoes or boots ! How cool is that ?
The trouble is that I don't own any unique boots or shoes.
What I do have is wonderful memories of what I have done wearing very ordinary shoes.
I have walked on bottom of the ocean.
There's something slightly exciting and edgy about walking in mud.
Sometimes it feels as if each step might result in you walking in stocking feet, as the suction threatens yank the shoe right off your foot.
(Actually that did happen once but I managed to hop back and get it back on. )
Or perhaps your next step might look like you are channeling one of the Three Stooges stepping on a banana peel as you slide, arms flailing, trying desperately not to end up on your butt.
Most mysterious of all, sometimes the firm sand turns out not to be so firm after all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But the most fun thing about walking on the ocean floor is that presents a great opportunity to have some fun with a good friend who also doesn't mind getting a tad grubby.

0 Comments