Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Warrior of the Lost World: David Worth


I guess it was inevitable that after the insane success of the Mad Max series that there would be an Italian knock-off. And, considering the quality of other Italian blockbuster rip-offs, the Mad Max series can rest easy knowing that they have one of the better entries in this strange remakesploitation sub-genre. Of course, when your competition consists of films like Turkish Star Wars...that doesn't mean much. Warrior of the Lost World is an unholy combination of Mad Max, 1984, and Night Rider. It follows a biker known only as The Rider who roams the world on a motorcycle with an artificial intelligence named Einstein. He becomes embroiled in a plot to over-throw the generic Orwellian overlords. That's all I can really remember of the plot. It doesn't help that The Rider is almost completely intelligible. He mumbles his lines like a half-hearted Karl Childers impersonation. The cinematography is blurry and over-exposed. The sets involve Eastern-bloc style office buildings and motels. The vehicles look like they are made out of cardboard and linoleum. My favorite vehicle is nothing but a 16-wheeler with giant spikes attached to its front bumper. When the credits finally rolled at the end, I had no idea what had just happened. And, quite frankly, I don't really care.

3/10

Post a Comment

0 Comments