As you all may know, my fabulous bud, Dianne, gets to visit her baby at the bookstore as often as she wants now and I couldn't be more proud. Soooooo I had to get a picture with it. Isn't it cute? Only 3 weeks old and feisty as hell. To meet this amazing woman at a signing, check out her page for dates.
Though, I'd really rather see this:
A girl can dream. Soooo, how's the weather? And your mother? She's good? Oh, not so much? Sorry to hear. Are you waiting for the new contest announcement? OOOHHH. My bad.Here's the deets, peeps:
After the first contest, you asked for more Elana query critiques, so I bribed asked her, and she's obliged. However, due to some disconcerting chatter about the difficulty of the contest, I've gone and changed some things so all can enter, whether you rock at Candyland impersonations or not.
(The new)
"Imma do Candyland better then Candyland Contest"
So what do you have to do?
-Tell me your favorite Candyland blog post and why to
candaceganger [at] yahoo [dot] com
That's it. Make me laugh, make me cry, whatev.
Rules:
-If you've already sent me a blog post, DON'T re-enter! Your entry totally counts.
-If you still want to type a pitch, paragraph or pretend Candyland blog post to enter, you score extra points!
-Contest starts NOW and runs through Thursday, June 17th at midnight.
-Winners will be announced Friday, June 18th
-You MUST be a follower to enter
-Physical prizes open to U.S. peeps only, but query critique open to all!!!
-Spread the word and get virtual hugs. Blog, Tweet, Space, Face, USPS, etc and get more virtual hugs + eternal bffness love + my undying gratitude forever and ever.
-Questions? Email or leave a comment. Just be sure to include your email. And as always, eat your vegetables.
~June 1st Winning Prize~
Query critique by Elana Johnson
Life As We Knew It (paperback) by Susan Beth Pfeffer (donated by Elana!)
Matching bookmark (donated by Elana!)
~June 2nd Winning Prize~
Query critique by Elana Johnson
Before I Fall (hardback) by Lauren Oliver
~June 3rd Winning Prize~
Query critique by Elana Johnson
If you want the chance to get a top-of-the-line query critique, don't miss your chance to enter. Elana rocks and after she's done with you, your query will too.
So go. Enter. Do your thang. But first, my last Candyland picture series adventure (holy long sentence!), with Sarah Ahiers holding me hostage during a paint ball war.
Then she shielded herself with my body, so I'd get hit, but she wouldn't. Take a paint ball for you friends? Anytime.
And in the blaze of glory, I tried to protect her, but failed. Sorry, Sarah. Maybe next time.
And then the funniest thing happened...A tiny astronaut floated down from the sky and demanded an end to all paint ball wars. Peace ensued, and we all hugged. Until it got weird.
So, friends. This concludes the Candyland adventures (for now). Take a minute. Regroup.Enter the contest. And tell me, who would rescue you in a paint ball war?
I'm pretty sure my pool boy would be first in line to take the bullet.
Candyland. OUT.

.jpg)
.jpg)






0 Comments